Tuesday 21 February 2012


Wednesday, 8 February 2012

BipolarChatroom Blog5

BipolarChatroom Blog5




My Blogs so far have included from being first diagnosed Bipolar, losing my job, turning to the 'demon' that is drink and going into detail of what Bipolar is, what the symptoms are, how you can help yourself and where you, your friends and family can go to get help and support.


I have had such a  positive feedback from a lot of you saying what a good job I am doing, that the issue needs to be discussed openly and that the 'stigma' of mental health should be ended.


I want to share with you a few replies I have had from people.  I have kept their identities anonomous.





glad to see ur open about BP :) we can't hide behind this. This is who we r n personally I wouldn't have it any other way

 you're doing well! Lol. The joy of twitter; can connect with so many like-minded people. I'll be tuning in to your blog :)

It sucks dealing with depression and mental illness but you don't have to alone :)

 Well done for coming so far babes, you're doing wonderful work... :@) xxx 

Thanks for the add. I read your blog and all I have to say is, "Thanks." It's good to know someone else feels the same way.

Another good one to follow:  - let's get rid of the stigma.

We have the same idea. :-) Well, I'm looking forward to your next blog. Good luck!

Nice job on the chatroom! I hope my blog about 'bipolar leftovers' helps. 

very proud of your  bro. Hope it brings help to those who need it.

Thanks for following. You are absolutely right. Talk about it loudly and often and never be shy to get the help you need.

 I was put on Prozac at a young age, I was on it for years until they realised they were treating the wrong disorder!!

Anxiety and panic attacks 100% control my day to day life. It also took my job from me, :( xx

good job well done xx

 looks really amazing work so far, I is impressed!! Love ya, you've come a long way! xx

Agreed, no one should go through any illness alone & there is so much stigma around BP. Tks for the follow and welcome!!

 thank you for following my tweets. Our website  is a great place for more information too.

 sure il check it out 2mrw just of 2 bed uno any artist on here that have bipolar too would b good to see more creativity :)

Thanks for the follow and link to your blog

Glad to have ya as a virtual pal. I too have Bipolar. Anytime you want to chat feel free to click on me.

hi! I think a bp fb site is a great idea! Im all for making people aware! :-)

 I appreciate what you are doing... God bless.. and thanks for the follow

You're welcome. It's good to know you're out there!

 "I don't want Mental Health to be a taboo subject any more. We must talk about it."

 well done Deano, 

thanks for being awesome :)

For some honest mental health chat  our new friend

Thanks Deano. I'll definitely take a look.

 yep, that one worked. retweeted. keep up the good work. thanks 

it's amazing, I wish I could know people like all of you in real life :) 

yeah I feel the same, I always felt so alone before

 I am bi polar too and also recognise the importance of a support group  

well done and thank you Deano on being so honest, it is the only way to write,  

Thank you for sharing your blog and experience with us. 

your doing a fantastic job by the way xxx 

well done deano,i know from personal experience how tricky it can be when you have the devil on your shoulder x

You're most welcome Deano - the blog is fabulous I look forward to reading more, and also reading your tweets. xxx 

 This is an excellent blog and areas ring true to me, although levels of illness are different, most symptoms are the same. 

hello. I was diagnosed in August this year, & have been writing about my experiences too. Would love to talk more :) 

 thank you for Blog 4 helping me to understand Bipolar 

Extremely interesting blog Deano - should help many

The more people you can make aware and the more you can help people to understand themselves the better. Well done

Great stuff. Bet its keeping you busy too :-)))). Re blogging the comments feel free Deano. Stay safe x

since I only have my blkberry its difficult to read all hope laptop bk soon but LOVE blog thanks

anytime <3 love what you're doing and you deserve so much support!!

 thank you - I will be checking out the blog, I'm cyclothymic but all information of mood swinging is useful knowledge

 same here, sharing our experiences openly is the best way to end the stigma  is one of our projects

Thank you for your incredible work, help and support :) Keep on moving, you've got a good friend in us

Just added you dude. Diagnosed 11 years ago. Ups and downs since. "an unquiet mind" they say. Happy-ish now. Best wishes.

thx for this, I was ostracised by 2 members of my family (lay persons) who diagnosed me as having bipolar. I didn't have it but would truly empathise with any individual who did 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was diagnosed Bipolar I in 1995 @ the age of 29. It was a relief to finally know what was wrong with me and at the same time I felt the stigna of being labeled with a mental disorder. Over the years my attitude towards mental illness has completely changed due to educating myself on this complex illness. Again, thanks so much for sharing.

Great to see a new resource out there. 

Deano, thanks very much for sharing your experience, and thank you for doing your part to take away the stigma 
associated with BPD.

I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago (when I was 22) with bipolar type II and I'm just starting to settle into 
my meds. I was very, very troubled for a long time; I self-medicated and disappeared for days at a time to deal with my depressive periods. I wish I could tell you how comforting it is to know that there are other people who live with this illness. 

I'm still closeted, so to speak, and the only people who know are my mother, therapist, and my fiance. You're right - it does feel better to share with someone who understands. Thank you for reaching out.
Because we all need it more than most, I wish you balance. :) 

Nicely done. I have been diagnosed for exactly 20 years and this illness can leave a path of destruction when not properly treated. i want to stay home alot too.  

good blog mate, ive been diagnosed recently and have been documenting my journey 

Thanks for sharing. We're in it together chick. Look forward to the next one.

This is a fantastic read babes - Keep it up gorgeous & show those demons who is boss! Xx

Love you babes... you're doing a wonderful job xxxx

1 comments:

  1. http://sb-inspirelife.blogspot.com/2012/02/inner-self.html?spref=fb xxx

    You're doing a great jobs babes xxx
    ReplyDelete



No comments:

Post a Comment